Of Course You Can Sing!
Want to improve your singing?
Did someone ever tell you, you can’t?
What if they were wrong???
Author of Of Course You Can Sing!, Michelle Cohen believes that no matter what anyone has told you in the past, you CAN become a better singer.
Michelle has been an adjunct member of faculty at several acting schools, including NYU and a professional performer since childhood. She has taught all levels of singers from the shy karaoke dreamer to Broadway performers and from kids to adults.
In this lecture, she will explore:
• A simple, revolutionary practice that erases stress and boosts confidence
• Why yawning, humming, and laughing are secret tools to vocal success
• Steadying nerves and repositioning old habits that stand in the way of peak performance
• How to breathe for better support
• Placement of sound in the body
• Emotional interpretation of songs
Michelle is dedicated to the joy of singing – so be prepared to laugh a lot and surprise yourself with sudden, seemingly miraculous transformations in your voice and performance!
“Michelle’s wonderful gift is her ability to tuck all of her technical understanding of the voice into a package full of love, humor, and the joy of making music. Years after working with her, I still rely on the images she gifted to me as her student.” – Steven Spraragen, Associate Director, Playwrights Horizons Theater School (affiliate of NYU/Tisch Undergraduate Drama)
for more information and to schedule this lecture: